Looking for high school ceramic ideas?

  • Judith Decker
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2004
      Dear Art Educators,

      Someone was asking for ideas for high school
      ceramics... and now I can't remember which list.

      I saw that one of my favorite artists was listed on EZ
      2 Find so I clicked to see what she had on her site
      again...LOTS of new pod like images inspired by
      nature.

      Sana Musasama:
      http://www.sanamusasama.com/links.html

      I added a link to her pots on my African Ceramic
      lesson as hers are made with the same forming
      techniques:
      http://www.sanamusasama.com/pot1.html
      Fuse two pressed bowl shapes together and add a slab
      cylinder...Hers have a very organic feel to them.

      I have a link to her houses on the high school
      "shacks" lesson:
      http://www.sanamusasama.com/house_c2.html

      These trees are great for a unit on nature inspired
      ceramics:
      http://www.sanamusasama.com/clay_c.html

      Here are the new pod series:
      http://www.sanamusasama.com/newwork_1.html

      I have Sana listed on my Ceramics links page.

      EZ 2 Find lists ceramic artist by country. Happy
      hunting.
      http://dir.ez2find.com/Top/Arts/Visual_Arts/Ceramics/Artists

      If any of your explore contemporary artists with great
      sites - share with the list.

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail