Art Directory Search site for you to explore

  • Judith Decker
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1 5:22 AM
      Dear Art Educators,

      Sara Wren sent me a "new-to-her" search site. EZ 2
      Find.
      http://dir.ez2find.com/Top/Arts/Visual_Arts

      I did find many good sites - but don't recommend you
      use it with kids. I imagine it will be blocked on
      school servers anyways. I did see many inappropriate
      books advertised - but also many excellent books. The
      site gives a brief description and shows a thumbnail
      of the home page. I did find IAD listed in the Kids
      section - but they only found the old lesson launch
      page URL in the Teacher/Education section. I did see
      that they are looking for an editor for many of the
      art categories...(I believe these are all volunteer
      editors)

      Sara explored Folk Art:
      http://dir.ez2find.com/Top/Arts/Visual_Arts/Thematic/Folk_Art

      Periods and Movements:
      http://dir.ez2find.com/Top/Arts/Art_History/Periods_and_Movements

      ....and others.

      Thanks Sara - I hope many have fun exploring. I will
      be looking for new to me sites. Continue to share
      sites you explore. I look at every site that gets
      posted - I don't always link them (for various
      reasons).

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush