Article on Choice Art Education

  • Judith Decker
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2004
      Greetings Art Educators,

      Kathy Douglas (known to many on Getty list and
      ArtsEducators list) has written an article on Choice
      Based Art Education (page 50 in September Arts and
      Activities). She outlines the benefits of Choice Base
      Art Ed and gives tips for getting started. Many art
      teachers have "jumped" over to this approach and have
      seen the benefit, too. While Kathy teaches elementary
      - the srategies can be adapted to middle school.

      If anyone out there wants to read this article and
      does not have access to Arts and Activites - send me
      your snail mail address (off list). I will get the
      article moving about the country with the mailing
      instructions to "mail it forward". I have done this
      with articles in that past and it has worked out well.

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush