Jill Swedlow's Seurat Lesson Plan Link

  • Judith Decker
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30 6:11 PM
      Greetings Art Educators,

      Jill is so lucky to have the Chicago Art Institute at
      her doorstep (she teaches in Chicago). She is taking
      advantage of the Suerat Exhibit. Here is her lesson
      plan for 7th and 8th graders:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Jill-Seurat.htm

      To take in this exhibit:
      Art Institute of Chicago:
      Seurat and the Making of La Grande Jatte
      http://www.artic.edu/aic/exhibitions/seurat/seurat.html

      One list member did a really need school wide
      project...She had everyone add their dots to a large
      mural of the Grand Jatte. They came pretty close to
      the original. Who did this? Anyways - it was very
      successful. I just did a quicky search of Getty
      Archives and couldn't find it (the post was amde
      before I knew about this Chicago Exhibit).

      Enjoy,

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush