Ceramic Fish Art to inspire - MS - HS (elem, too)

  • Judith Decker
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2004
      Greetings Art Educators,

      A favorite unit of my high school students was
      Ceramics inspired by nature (organic form). Each year,
      I created my own fish art as an example (someone liked
      one so much that it disappeared from the art room one
      day).

      Dana Riggleman sent me a link to Marvin Bartel's Fish
      Tureen:
      http://www.goshen.edu/~marvinpb/fisht.htm

      Another tureen from the series can be found on his
      gallery home page.
      http://www.goshen.edu/~marvinpb/MB-Galry.htm

      I added a link to Marvin's Tureen on my ceramic fish
      lesson plan - and also on my Ceramics page.
      Marvin gives art teachers permission to use his images
      in a classroom presentation as long as the web site
      URL (web page address) and his name is listed on the
      same presentation page with each image used.

      For other uses, such as class handouts, he generally
      gives permission to art teachers promptly when they
      ask, but they do need to ask.

      I no longer ask ALL artists I provide links for... but
      I do ask ones I "know". Marvin (retired professor) is
      a member of Getty ArtsEdNet. Many of you are already
      familiar with Marvin the educator (as you have
      ventured onto his art ed site).
      http://www.goshen.edu/~marvinpb/MB_Home.htm
      Essays and Lessons:

      Hope this idea inspires....

      NOTE: If you ever email an artist/site I have linked
      and they do NOT give permission for you to use images
      please let me know and I will remove the link.

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail