Re: [art_education] Circle of Light hand mandala project question.

  • Teresa Sheffey
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2004

      Hello,
      I have done the Circle of light hand mandala with my Art I high school students and they really like it. I do show some mandalas and I talk about Tibetan as well as native american sand paintings and touch on the idea of "imperminance' with them. I dont go much further witht the spiritual end of it although some of the students do. It is an easy and fun project with good results.

      On another topic, I am taking a class for my masters right now and will be researching bookbinding techniques and sharing it with the class. I would like to put together a packet of information for each person in the class. In that packet, I will include some about the history of bookbinding and then would like to give them many different books they could make with students. I also will be doing one hand's on project with them. I'm considering japanese bookbinding where they all make a sketchbook, or perhaps an altered book. They need to be able to do this in one evening though. I have some resources already but would appreciate any other sources you all might have to share. Oh, the fun thing is..........I will need to make many samples this semester so I will actually have to make time to "make art" myself!!! Yippee!!!

      Thanks,
      Teresa in El Paso