Calling for Information

  • srwclonch
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2004
      Hello,

      I am returning to school in the spring for my student teaching. I
      am getting nervous about the whole process and the institution that
      I will be attending is exstreamly unhelpful. I have been taking
      classes off and on for about 13 years (I know a long time, I have
      been working and supporting myself since age 14) and now that I am
      nearing the end I am getting the run around on how to prepare, not
      only for student teaching but the application process, and getting a
      job. Most of my profesors have retired leaving no one who knows me
      as a student or is uncaring and just collects a paycheck, I am sorry
      to say, since I have finished all of my course work and passed both
      praxis tests.

      What is expected of students going into student teaching?

      And and helpful suggestion in the job hunting process and what sould
      I look for in a interviewing school as well as what they look for in
      a teacher canidate?

      I have put together a website with my resume and a brief portfolio,
      any suggestions on what I should add to this would also be helpful.

      http://www.geocities.com/srwclonch/index.html

      Thank you,
      Susan