Educational Interactive Sites to explore (Renaissance - Music - Chicago)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2004
      Greetings Art Educators,

      I am "testing" now to see if this way of posting works....putting several
      links in one post.

      Here are some great interactive - Interdisciplinary sites for kids:

      The Renaissance Connection - SUPER site for Middle School -- Includes
      interdisciplinary lesson plans - check them all out (all art related) - and
      get with your core teachers. Renaissance was taught at 8th grade level in
      socila studies at my school:
      http://www.renaissanceconnection.org/
      Flash or html verion (Flash is much more fun) - interactive educational web
      site. With the simple click of a mouse button, travel 500 years into the
      past to discover many Renaissance innovations revealed through the Allentown
      Art Museum's Samuel H. Kress Collection of European art.

      This site is linked on my Age of Discovery Page - Middle Ages - Renaissance
      Art Links...also on my 8th grade Renaissance lesson plan. Those of you who
      do Perspective lessons may want to take a look at the Interactive and lesson
      plan.

      OddMusic.com:
      http://www.oddmusic.com
      Oddmusic.com is for anyone interested in unique, unusual, ethnic, or
      experimental music and instruments. - Showcasing the sounds, music, and
      instruments of artists and artisans from around the globe.

      This site it linked on my Comprehensive Arts page and on World Cultures
      page.

      Chi-Town- My Chicago (especially for Jill "BluesTruth" on Getty list)
      http://www.chicagohistory.org/mychicago/
      My Chicago - Interactive site for children age 6 to 12 - uses the symbols
      and design of the Chicago flag to explore the city's rich and diverse
      history. Use with a lesson on architecture to explore the city skyline. Site
      developed by the Chicago Historical Society.

      I have added a link to this site on my Just for Kids page.

      There is no way I will remember to tell you all of the links I add if I hold
      off an post once a week. So I hope the "clusters" approach is a good
      alternative. I have added numerous links this summer..... too many to
      mention.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Department (IAD)
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/