Social Comment - Political Concerns- Lesson Plan updated on IAD

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2004
      Greetings Art Educators,

      Getty ArtsEdNet Talk list got a conversation going on political issues in
      art. As a result, I have updated the lesson submitted by Sara Gant:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/Sara-social.htm
      Sergio Hernandez and Steve Shepard gave me permission to use their art on
      this lesson plan. Also see the Email Interview done with Jennifer Bird's
      students and Sergio:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/Sergio.htm
      I would like to have more student/artist interviews on the site with lesson
      plans using the artists' work.

      I have linked four contemporary artists for your enjoyment and will leave it
      up to you to find the historical examples you wish to use. If there is more
      interest (meaning someone submits student work) I will do more work on the
      lesson plan. Sara submitted it as a general unit - you pick the medium you
      want to use with students. You put in your own curriculum objectives - and
      connect to National Standards.

      Thanks Sara for getting this started. This is a lesson where "It's the
      thought that counts".....but might not match your sofa (smile).

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Department (IAD)
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
      Incredible Art Resources