Sculpting the Human Head - Excellent How To Book

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2004
      Dear Art Educators,

      I am looking for individuals who are doing units (or are planning units) on
      sculpting the human head/portrait busts. I have a new book for you to use
      that is excellent - Portrait Sculpting: Anatomy and Expressions in Clay by
      Philippe and Charisse Faraut.
      http://www.pcfstudios.com
      Read about the book:
      http://www.pcfstudios.com/videos.html

      Some of you might interested in the videos, too (I have not see them).

      I have Philippe Faraut linked on my Artists page (under Figurative
      Sculpture), 8th Grade Relief Sculpture lesson, IAD Art Styles (under
      Sculpture) and IAD Art Store (scroll to book title) pages.

      If any of you would like to see this beautiful book - with over 550
      photographs - please email me off list and I will collect mailing addresses.
      The book is great for high school sculpture classes. I would have used it
      with my middle school students for the relief faces....and of course it is
      perfect for adult use (for those of you on the college level).

      Hope to hear from you. I would like to mail the book out next week so you
      have plenty of time to look it over.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Department (IAD)
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/