Instructional Web sites added to IAD resources

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2003
      The following sites were posted to Getty ArtsEdNet:

      Introduction to Art -- http://webtech.kennesaw.edu/kmarquis
      Introduction to Art -- Instructional site by Kerry Marquis (teacher at
      Benjamin Banekker High School, Georgia). Excellent presentation of the
      elements and principles of design. Online lesson plans, crossword puzzles,
      and work sheets, PowerPoint presentations and more. A great resource for
      middle school and high school teachers.

      http://pottery.netfirms.com
      Ceramics and Pottery --Excellent instructional site by Kerry Marquis
      (teacher at Benjamin Banekker High School, Georgia). Takes you through the
      basic hand-building techniques, has online lessons, glossary and worksheets.
      PowerPoint on history of ceramics and more. A great resource for middle
      school and high school teachers!

      http://www2.fultonschools.org/teacher/marquis
      Computer Art --Excellent instructional site by Kerry Marquis (teacher at
      Benjamin Banekker High School, Georgia). This site give you an outline for a
      high school curriculum (also suitable for middle school) with online lessons
      for Flash, student work sheets, PowerPoint presentations, Scavenger Hunts
      and more. A great resource for teachers in middle school and high school.

      http://www.angelfire.com/space/teach
      Creating a Class Website --Excellent instructional site by Kerry Marquis
      (teacher at Benjamin Banekker High School, Georgia). Designed to help
      teachers create their own sites. Give guidelines and tips for organizing.
      Use to help students design sites, as well.

      Photo Design -- http://www.angelfire.com/art/andthings
      Photo Design -- Excellent instructional site by Kerry Marquis (teacher at
      Benjamin Banekker High School, Georgia). This introductory course to photo
      design incorporates a history of photography as well as the creating of a
      pinhole camera and a personal photo journal.

      I have added links to these from:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/links/artgames.html

      I know the page on IAD says I am not accepting links.....but I am always
      accepting links recommended by art teachers - so keep on posting to the
      list (I do check all links posted).

      I also have links to three of these sites on my site and will probably link
      the others as well.

      I hope you find these sites useful. I can tell that Kerry has spent quite a
      bit of time on them.

      Thanks to Dawn for calling them to my attention.