timeline

  • Christa-Maria
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2003
      I would start every semester by establishing a timeline of the history
      in Art.
      We would tape a long sheet of paper to the wall to keep track.
      I would make sure we have books to show a short chapter of history and
      it's significance in Art.
      We only spent a few hours each week on it, in between projects.
      Some of the significant projects related to the timeline:
      Making charcoal sticks and vegetable paints to do 'stone' cave
      pictographs on stone slabs.
      Mosaics from broken and dyed eggshells
      making tempera paints
      Doing a fresco, actually grinding lapis for the bright blue color
      Studying architecture, portraits, talking about the influence of the
      church and art
      The revolution of Art after photography
      Doing expressionistic paintings to different music.

      Environmental Art by going outside to create a sculpture from found
      objects, incorporating the sky, ground etc. as part of the design,
      including shadows.
      None of the projects could be done in 'depth', but it gave the children
      a glimpse of Art through the ages..
      C-M