A paperquilt

  • Christa-Maria
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2003
      12 large 10x 12 black construction paper
      Old wallpaper book
      Gel Markers
      Large Foamboard

      This was a spring project.
      We researched through seed catalogs, to find flowers appropriate for
      every month of the year.
      Selected a flower for every month.
      Researched needlepoint books for embroidery stitches.
      The children designed a simple flower by using color corresponding pages
      from an old wallpaperbook ( the design of the wallpaper did not matter
      so much, as did the color)
      The 'flowers' were cut out in 'outlining' shapes.
      So were the leaves, by finding different greens in the books.
      Stems were 'painted' in to mock an embroidery stitch with gelmarkers.
      An edge was also done around the piece to mock embroidery stitches.
      All 12 pieces got joined together on a large piece of foamboard to look
      like a quilt.
      It looked very impressive.
      Grade 6 to 10.
      C-M