Re: [art_education] color shades and values

  • Christa-Maria
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2003
      Old Magazines
      Large black Poster board
      Several large strips of white paper to cover the Poster with a small
      space in between
      egg cartons.
      I grouped the kids into 3 pupils each, picking a primary color.
      Had them look through the magazines, than tear 'their' color into the
      full color range into the egg cartons. Making sure they understood the
      nuances of warm and cold.
      Than had them glue the small torn color pieces unto the white strips,
      according to hues, shades and values.
      The strips went unto the poster, than we topped it with a large apple,
      also done with color values in small shredded pieces.
      It made a very attractive poster that was hung in the hallways admired
      by many who walked by.
      The cost was minimal, the project required not much money and the pupils
      had a merry time participating, some even learned a thing or two...:)
      I taught at a Charter school, where I had a mix of 6-10K in one room.
      C-M