RE: [art_education] Obscure color names needed

  • The Maples
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2004
      How about sienna, teal, lime??
      I think a song about the colors of Crayola Crayons would be neat - they have
      some dandy names that all the kids know-

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2004

        putty, pumpkin, mustard, caramel, butter, hmmm, I sense a food theme here lol . . . sources for fabulous color names are the makeup aisle and J Crew catalogs

        Sounds like a fun song!

        ~  Kathleen Arola

        Message: 5
           Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 16:34:59 -0000
           From: "gpercy1" <gpercy@...>
        Subject: Obscure color names needed

        Greetings!

        I hope everyone is having a great summer so far...I am in need of
        suggestions.
        I have been working on "Songs in the Key of Art" Vol 4 this year and
        I am am working on a
        song about obscure/strange/odd color names (puce,mauve,periwinkle
        etc...) and their
        somewhat strained relationship with the reds,yellows and blues of the
        world.  Any
        suggestions of interesting color names would be appreciated...

        Thanks,

        Greg Percy
        http://www.songsinthekeyofart.com

        "Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

        - Pablo Picasso

        Do you Yahoo!?