Re: [art_education] Obscure color names for purplish-pink

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2004
      Fuchsia - and how it that different from Magenta?! Wouldn't red violet do?

      Make sure my fav color is in the song...

      Magenta:
      Named for Magenta in Northern Italy where a major battle was fought shortly
      before the discovery of the dye
      Does a town in Northern Italy deserve this color name or a flower? Name from
      modern Latin , genus name, named for Leonhard Fuchs (1501\endash 1566), a
      German botanist

      (These thanks to Bill Gates - Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2003)

      Which do we chose to honor? Both are so much fun to say!

      Can't wait till this song comes out - It will be another hit! Get yourself a
      new box of Crayolas and see what they have done. What are they calling Teal
      now? - greenish -blue - Quack-quack.

      Judy