Obscure color names needed

  • gpercy1
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2004
      Greetings!

      I hope everyone is having a great summer so far...I am in need of
      suggestions.
      I have been working on "Songs in the Key of Art" Vol 4 this year and
      I am am working on a
      song about obscure/strange/odd color names (puce,mauve,periwinkle
      etc...) and their
      somewhat strained relationship with the reds,yellows and blues of the
      world. Any
      suggestions of interesting color names would be appreciated...

      Thanks,

      Greg Percy
      http://www.songsinthekeyofart.com
    • The Maples
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2004
        How about sienna, teal, lime??
        I think a song about the colors of Crayola Crayons would be neat - they have
        some dandy names that all the kids know-

        I hope everyone is having a great summer so far...I am in need of
        suggestions.
        I have been working on "Songs in the Key of Art" Vol 4 this year and
        I am am working on a
        song about obscure/strange/odd color names (puce,mauve,periwinkle
        etc...) and their
        somewhat strained relationship with the reds,yellows and blues of the
        world. Any
        suggestions of interesting color names would be appreciated...

        Thanks,

        Greg Percy
        http://www.songsinthekeyofart.com

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • K A
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2004

          putty, pumpkin, mustard, caramel, butter, hmmm, I sense a food theme here lol . . . sources for fabulous color names are the makeup aisle and J Crew catalogs

          Sounds like a fun song!

          ~  Kathleen Arola

          Message: 5
             Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 16:34:59 -0000
             From: "gpercy1" <gpercy@...>
          Subject: Obscure color names needed

          Greetings!

          I hope everyone is having a great summer so far...I am in need of
          suggestions.
          I have been working on "Songs in the Key of Art" Vol 4 this year and
          I am am working on a
          song about obscure/strange/odd color names (puce,mauve,periwinkle
          etc...) and their
          somewhat strained relationship with the reds,yellows and blues of the
          world.  Any
          suggestions of interesting color names would be appreciated...

          Thanks,

          Greg Percy
          http://www.songsinthekeyofart.com

          "Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

          - Pablo Picasso

          Do you Yahoo!?