Re: [art_education] Russian Arhitecture Elementary Ideas?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2004
      Hi Patti,

      Glad to see you on Art Education list too!

      What grade levels are you thinking about using architecture with? I think it would be nice to use Russian art across the board. Something for each grade level. Maybe even a couple lessons per grade? Try to get the ARTaFacts magazine for Faberge - they are still available last I checked. (Link to ARTaFacts on Art Stores on IAD - but is easy to find).

      Order a copy for elementary to get some good lesson plans - and maybe one copy for secondary so you get more details on Faberge? I would love to see someone do a lesson - maybe making a foil tooled "treasure" box?  Or maybe get a bunch of the plastic eggs at the end of the season and actually make some treasure eggs?

      I already sent you my ideas from your Getty post - so won't repeat those her - but will share some lesson ideas by Christine Sumner Lyman:
      See her 6th grade ceramic basilicas. She has a Faberge egg lesson and has done some of those stacking dolls - I don't see those on the site.

      IAD wants your lesson/lessons for Russian art. I need some place to stash all of those links I sent to you.

      Do Chagal fantasy.....or do Jawlenski portraits..... so many possibilities!

      I can't wait to see what the kiddies do.

      Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 2:13 PM
      Subject: [art_education] Russian Arhitecture Elementary Ideas?

      Any suggestions/ideas/brainstorms out there for a lesson inspired by the architecture of Russian cathedrals and their painted "onion" style domes?  I have been inspired by this for years and have been slowly collecting photos of this distinct type of architecture.  I would love to introduce this to my elementary students this year, and am going through some "artist block"  Must be the summer!

      Patti in Toledo, OH
      MissCaiola@...