What is your number one rule for teaching? (Advice for New Teachers)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2004
      Thanks Christa - and all,

      Here is the updated file for Your Number One Rule for Teaching,
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/teacher.htm

      I will be adding another one.

      Allow for choices. Allow for the unexpected - for something new. How will
      you get something new if you have too much of a preconceived idea what the
      lesson will look like? I was almost most satisfied with a lesson the first
      time I did it with students. If I repeated a lesson - I tired to add
      something new to it - change it in some way. Keep your teaching fresh.

      This page is not offically linked up yet as I wanted you folks to get a
      chance to review what has been said. I will officially link it after I
      revamp the page I have for Art Teacher files. I will still add more comments
      you share.

      Dan's file is also back online for new teachers:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Dan.htm
      I will be connecting these two files. These files will only be at these URLs
      for a short time.

      Judy Decker
    • Smileatsusan@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2004