Sponge Print - Monet's Garden - by Cathy Gaul

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2004
      Dear Art Educators,

      I have added Cathy Gaul's lesson for Monet to the lesson plan page from Pam
      Stephens. Cathy came up with this lesson all on her own - but I can see how
      one can use Pam's lesson to "tweak" to write up to please those
      administrators. Pam has submitted her lesson summaries to help other art
      teachers. Those of you who like Cathy's lesson - can tweak Pam's plan
      (please credit both in your "inspired by" if you post these to a site - give
      credit where credit is due. I don't care what your administrator sees).

      Here is the lesson for Sponge Painted Monet's Garden:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/Pam-monet.htm
      Click on 4th grade link at top for Cathy's lesson.

      There is no need to reinvent the wheel when you write lessons.... Sometimes
      I would search the web to see if anyone wrote up a lesson similar to mine
      (when I was short for time). I enjoyed creating my own lessons by looking at
      art - I just hated writing the lesson plans. My administrator never read
      them - we just had to turn them in. I could have had gibberish, I guess.
      Technically, a lesson plan can not be copyrighted - but I think we owe it to
      art teachers to credit them we use their plans.

      I will be doing more lesson ideas this way.... Just sharing the blurbs that
      are posted to the list and turning the lesson writing over to all of
      you....That is your job, too (grin).

      Continue sharing ideas.... If IAD lesson plan base is going to grow - it
      will have to come from you. Images are needed for plans to be linked.... I
      will share through file for sharing without the images. I have several idea
      pages started - and will be posting additions to those from time to time.
      Complete lessons are not needed for those pages (but are always welcome -
      and will be linked separately).

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Resources