Re: [art_education] Digest Number 539

  • mefashionlady2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2004
      AOL Email
      Yes linda.. that info was great i printed that sheet out

      Being in a vocational school i have access to all the scrap wood down in the carpentry department.. so it is like a gold mine! and of course all the tools!!

      I went to a yard sale yesterday and I met an artist and she gave me a box full of wood slatd and pieces.. which was very generous.

      Did you find a site that was marvelous about the oaxican animals..or a good book to use?? for examples.  My fiance and I will make some as well as the 5 and 7 year old upstairs for examples.. I did find a site with pic of new sculptures..

      But they were so bright and fun.. I just loved them!

      One of the fathers of graduates from my class manages a tile stoire and he gives me access to tile and grout from the warehouse. so I am not sure if I would buy the tiles as they are pretty expensive.. byt oh so much easier.. my budget isnt great but maybe balance off the
      free stuff i got and maybe it will be a go!!!

      Anyway.. I really enjoyed the sjs site!!  I wish our school had a site half as good as that!!

      Thanks again Linda..

      Jane

      Last year we did altered barbies and altered books.. I think i will do those again this year!!!