Recycled Jewelry - lesson idea

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2004
      Dear Art Educators,

      I made a wearable "shrine" to my family out of several old pieces of
      jewelry:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/pin.jpg
      This pin (while a bit heavy) has remnants of 9 pieces of jewelry plus some
      new beads to finish it off. I made the face from a mold from Backyard Cards
      and Gifts http://www.backyardcards-gifts.com/ - then made a little Sculpey
      red hat to fit. The piece framing the face is a little ceramic frame made by
      an artist I met at Arrowmont. Eventually, I will take it apart and correct
      my design defects - but for now it is done. Each charm has personal meaning.
      The rose in the center is a little hard to see. I need to replace the silver
      pillow beads with something else - and move the dangles closer together. I
      will be making a foil tooled frame for this. The shadow box has the Poem
      "Warning" by Jenny Joseph collaged on the outside.

      This might be a fun challenge for your jewelry class at the end of the year
      when you don't want to hand out anymore silver.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Resources