More Art Dolls - as cultural lessons

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2 2:38 PM
      Dear Art Educators,

      I have added two more dolls as cultural lessons - textile design.
      One is inspired by a painting by Lynn Barth - top right image (poor quality photo - someday I will redo the photos).
      Scroll down to the shadow box image.

      The box is made from cardboard. The frame is decorated with paint markers and Sculpey relief elements. The doll in the shadow box uses actual mudcloth as part of her costume. I wanted to make some art with some jewelry I have.
      I think kids would enjoy making a "treasure", too. I am going to play with a "jumping jack" type doll soon (and will put that in a shadow box).

      I have a book with dolls around the world I can loan to someone wanting to do a lesson.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Resources