[art_education] RE:Teaching Art using technology

  • kerry marquis
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
      Thank you, Bekka! and congrats on the ExCet! The program I use is not freeware, but it is not expensive. Here is the link: http://www.x-word.com/ I like it because I can do so many things with it. Great print puzzles and web ones. There is another program that is excellent for online activities called Hot Potato. If you are an educator you can download and use it for free. Here's the link for it: http://web.uvic.ca/hrd/hotpot/ You can see some of my projects that I made from it here: http://pottery.netfirms.com/quiz/cer_term_pop.htm and the first four links here and the seventh are done with hot pot:
      http://webtech.kennesaw.edu/kmarquis/onlinequiz.htm I'm working on fleshing out the sites, then I plan to put the first 2 units or so on the web for free and sell the whole thing as a cd with everything a teacher needs to teach a class and rights to odify, use and make copies of any of it. Would you be interested in something like that later? Would you give me suggestions on what you would like to see? Talk to you later. Class now.
      Kerry

      Introduction to Art -- http://webtech.kennesaw.edu/kmarquis
      Ceramics and Pottery -- http://pottery.netfirms.com

      Take a free personality test on my site!!
      http://www.oursites.org/kerrymarquis/

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
        Thanks so much, Sue. The reason I started putting my work online was
        because when I started teaching at the school where I am now, I was
        hired a day or two after pre-planning started. I had a dirty, messy,
        unorganized room and no materials. I had to start teaching 2 classes
        that I had never taught before (as well as 2 that I was somewhat
        familiar with) in 6 days. Yikes! I did not want that to happen to
        other art teachers. I also started this because I found that students
        were very motivated by using technology with art and I really saw a
        need to light a fire for learning under some of them. Let me know if
        you see things that need work on the sites. I know they are very
        incomplete.
        Kerry
      • Kerry Marquis <kmartist@excite.com>
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
          Alta,
          How about emailing or posting the lesson plan for that Zoetrope
          design using Flash. I am new to Flash myself and am having a hard
          time keeping up with my Flash students!
          Kerry