Re: [art_education] Re: New members

  • draw.art
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2004
      Hello, and thanks for offering. Instead of giving it all up, couldn't you work with a few children/private teach, etc.?   I've had a rather nasty surgery for cancer , but find that I am slowly working myself back by doing this. You'd be surprised how in demand you are, and even if you are feeling awful, it sure feels good mentally!

      If you are sure you won't need it, anything on pop  or collage in modern art. i have no slide projector.

      Barbara Yalof
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2004
        Since I will be teaching K-4 art next year for the 1st time, I'm
        sure you have lots of materials that would be very beneficial to me and my
        class. I'm interested in the slides for art history for lower grades and
        any material you feel would be of help to me. I will gladly pay postage!!
        I've taught 2nd grade regular classroom for several years and departed with
        TONS of teaching material and children's books right before school was out.
        It was hard to do, but it helped so much to know that the material was still
        going to be used by children and would benefit them. That was much better
        than the alternative - sit on my shelf collecting dust! Good luck in your
        "retirement" art endeavors!
        Emily
        It is with deep regret that I hang up my art teacher hat. Age,
        health, and other circumstances have come between me and the
        profession I enjoyed for years.

        I have LOTS of teaching materials collected over the years which
        could be of use to new and old art teachers. If you are willing to
        pay just for actual postage, I'll send stuff anywhere in the US.
        Materials include Art Appreciation slides, reproductions, and books.
        I've got binders full of themed lesson plans, commercial and self-
        made materials. There are small binders with materials and slides
        for many of the "Great Artists."

        If you have a need for something specific, contact me:
        dalatexritter@...

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • dalatexritter
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2004
          I'll reply to you off list with what I may have in this area. Those
          of you interested may just reply directly to me, as the rest of the
          group will have mailboxes clogged with extraneous emails. By the
          way, I'm in the state of Virginia, so those of you nearby will get
          the best deals on postage -- or who knows, you may be close enough to
          pick up materials.

          I'd really like to help those who are struggling with nonexistent
          budgets, but you don't have to "qualify" in any way. If I just give
          one or two sets of stuff to each requester a lot of art teachers will
          benefit. I was also company rep for Art Education Materials vendors
          at one time, so you can guess how much stuff we're talking about.

          Thanks for the expressions of personal concern. That's one of the
          things I like best about art teachers... I'm a full time old farmer
          now, dealing well with chronic illness, and don't have much time to
          do volunteering or part time teaching. The area schools do not
          employ actual qualified art teachers (Argghhh!) and I'm tired of
          fighting the old fight I've been fighting for the past thirty years.
          You young folks can keep on, and I'll give you some stuff to work
          with.

          My best to all.

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "draw.art" <draw.art@v...>