New members

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
      List members,

      I'd like to welcome three members today. Here are a few comments
      posted by each new member:

      kyvan22 (No name given)

      Hello, I am looking for a place to pick up (and possibly share) some
      teaching tips and ideas, especially concerning teaching younger
      children... Thank you

      Jane of Portland, Maine

      I like to share inspiring art lessons and be inspired by others
      sucesses in the classroom.

      srwclonch (No name given)

      Hello, I will be shortly graduating with a degree in Art education
      from Radford University. I am over 30, and a returning student, who
      will start student teaching in the fall.

      Please join me in welcoming these new members.

      Ken Rohrer
      List Moderator
    • dalatexritter
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2004
        Dear list members,

        It is with deep regret that I hang up my art teacher hat. Age,
        health, and other circumstances have come between me and the
        profession I enjoyed for years.

        I have LOTS of teaching materials collected over the years which
        could be of use to new and old art teachers. If you are willing to
        pay just for actual postage, I'll send stuff anywhere in the US.
        Materials include Art Appreciation slides, reproductions, and books.
        I've got binders full of themed lesson plans, commercial and self-
        made materials. There are small binders with materials and slides
        for many of the "Great Artists."

        If you have a need for something specific, contact me:
        dalatexritter@...
      • draw.art
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2004
          Hello, and thanks for offering. Instead of giving it all up, couldn't you work with a few children/private teach, etc.?   I've had a rather nasty surgery for cancer , but find that I am slowly working myself back by doing this. You'd be surprised how in demand you are, and even if you are feeling awful, it sure feels good mentally!

          If you are sure you won't need it, anything on pop  or collage in modern art. i have no slide projector.

          Barbara Yalof

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 2, 2004
            Since I will be teaching K-4 art next year for the 1st time, I'm
            sure you have lots of materials that would be very beneficial to me and my
            class. I'm interested in the slides for art history for lower grades and
            any material you feel would be of help to me. I will gladly pay postage!!
            I've taught 2nd grade regular classroom for several years and departed with
            TONS of teaching material and children's books right before school was out.
            It was hard to do, but it helped so much to know that the material was still
            going to be used by children and would benefit them. That was much better
            than the alternative - sit on my shelf collecting dust! Good luck in your
            "retirement" art endeavors!
            Emily
            It is with deep regret that I hang up my art teacher hat. Age,
            health, and other circumstances have come between me and the
            profession I enjoyed for years.

            I have LOTS of teaching materials collected over the years which
            could be of use to new and old art teachers. If you are willing to
            pay just for actual postage, I'll send stuff anywhere in the US.
            Materials include Art Appreciation slides, reproductions, and books.
            I've got binders full of themed lesson plans, commercial and self-
            made materials. There are small binders with materials and slides
            for many of the "Great Artists."

            If you have a need for something specific, contact me:
            dalatexritter@...

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • dalatexritter
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 2, 2004
              I'll reply to you off list with what I may have in this area. Those
              of you interested may just reply directly to me, as the rest of the
              group will have mailboxes clogged with extraneous emails. By the
              way, I'm in the state of Virginia, so those of you nearby will get
              the best deals on postage -- or who knows, you may be close enough to
              pick up materials.

              I'd really like to help those who are struggling with nonexistent
              budgets, but you don't have to "qualify" in any way. If I just give
              one or two sets of stuff to each requester a lot of art teachers will
              benefit. I was also company rep for Art Education Materials vendors
              at one time, so you can guess how much stuff we're talking about.

              Thanks for the expressions of personal concern. That's one of the
              things I like best about art teachers... I'm a full time old farmer
              now, dealing well with chronic illness, and don't have much time to
              do volunteering or part time teaching. The area schools do not
              employ actual qualified art teachers (Argghhh!) and I'm tired of
              fighting the old fight I've been fighting for the past thirty years.
              You young folks can keep on, and I'll give you some stuff to work
              with.

              My best to all.

              --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "draw.art" <draw.art@v...>