Re: [art_education] Switching from Elementary to Middle

  • I Arcement
    Message 1 of 2 , May 29, 2004
      Jo-Anne, I teach the Middle School age and I love this age of youngsters!  They are still loving and have not been tainted by the aches and pains of the world, yet!  Discipline is not as difficult as High School age, because they can still be intimidated!  I have also taught High School and these students can be more challenging, when it comes to discipline.  Junior High is a great "happy medium" I think... you can teach some of the heavier concepts and yet still keep the subject light if you choose to do so!
      I chose the textbook called "Portfolios" by the Barrett-Kendall Publishing Company, because it was light and concise in its presentation... lots of pictures and color.  It may not be some teachers' choice, but I find it quite useful.  I will think further about book sources for you, personally!  I have to take some time to think, as I have taught this group for 5 years and now I use my sources a lot less than I used to.

      You'll love this age, I think,

      Idus in southern Mississippi (about an hour from New Orleans)