Re: [art_education] Teaching Art using technology

  • kerry marquis
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 24, 2003
      Actually, at one point I was trying out different free servers. Then, I took a class at a college that let us use their server for a site that we created in that class. Then, I simply paid for space on a server, but I am not totally satisfied with their service, so . . . I will probably eventually point them to a single server.
      Kerry

      Take a free personality test on my site!!
      http://www.oursites.org/kerrymarquis/

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
        Kerry;

        Loved it! Where did you get your crossword program? Is it freeware? Did you
        create it?

        I'm just starting in the field. By the way, I got my results back from the
        All Level Art ExCET exam (in Texas) and I passed! *happy dance*

        Becca

      • kerry marquis

        • Kerry Marquis <kmartist@excite.com>
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
            Thanks so much, Sue. The reason I started putting my work online was
            because when I started teaching at the school where I am now, I was
            hired a day or two after pre-planning started. I had a dirty, messy,
            unorganized room and no materials. I had to start teaching 2 classes
            that I had never taught before (as well as 2 that I was somewhat
            familiar with) in 6 days. Yikes! I did not want that to happen to
            other art teachers. I also started this because I found that students
            were very motivated by using technology with art and I really saw a
            need to light a fire for learning under some of them. Let me know if
            you see things that need work on the sites. I know they are very
            incomplete.
            Kerry
          • Kerry Marquis <kmartist@excite.com>
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
              Alta,
              How about emailing or posting the lesson plan for that Zoetrope
              design using Flash. I am new to Flash myself and am having a hard
              time keeping up with my Flash students!
              Kerry