Re: [art_education] Teaching Art using technology

  • Ken Rohrer
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 23, 2003
      Kerry,
      I liked all your sites. I'm curious... why are they
      all on different servers?
      Ken
      --------------------
      --- "Kerry Marquis <kmartist@...>"
      <kmartist@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I'm new to the group. I'm an art teacher in Georgia
      > and I've got a
      > strong interest in teaching art using technology.
      > With that in mind,
      > I've created some teaching sites (always in
      > progress) that I use to
      > teach. I hope you can use them also. I love feedback
      > on what I should
      > add and what could work better. Enjoy!
      > Introduction to Art --
      > http://webtech.kennesaw.edu/kmarquis
      > Ceramics and Pottery -- http://pottery.netfirms.com
      > Computer Art --
      > http://www2.fultonschools.org/teacher/marquis
      > Photo Design I --
      > http://www.angelfire.com/art/andthings
      > Creating a Class Site --
      > http://www.angelfire.com/space/teach
      >
      > Best,
      > Kerry Marquis

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
    • kerry marquis
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 24, 2003
        Actually, at one point I was trying out different free servers. Then, I took a class at a college that let us use their server for a site that we created in that class. Then, I simply paid for space on a server, but I am not totally satisfied with their service, so . . . I will probably eventually point them to a single server.
        Kerry

        Take a free personality test on my site!!
        http://www.oursites.org/kerrymarquis/

        wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I'm new to the group. I'm an art teacher in Georgia
        > and I've got a
        > strong interest in teaching art using technology.
        > With that in mind,
        > I've created some teaching sites (always in
        > progress) that I use to
        > teach. I hope you can use them also. I love feedback
        > on what I should
        > add and what could work better. Enjoy!
        > Introduction to Art --
        > http://webtech.kennesaw.edu/kmarquis
        > Ceramics and Pottery -- http://pottery.netfirms.com
        > Computer Art --
        > http://www2.fultonschools.org/teacher/marquis
        > Photo Design I --
        > http://www.angelfire.com/art/andthings
        > Creating a Class Site --
        > http://www.angelfire.com/space/teach
        >
        > Best,
        > Kerry Marquis

        Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com
      • Becca
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
          Kerry;

          Loved it! Where did you get your crossword program? Is it freeware? Did you
          create it?

          I'm just starting in the field. By the way, I got my results back from the
          All Level Art ExCET exam (in Texas) and I passed! *happy dance*

          Becca

        • kerry marquis

          • Kerry Marquis <kmartist@excite.com>
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
              Thanks so much, Sue. The reason I started putting my work online was
              because when I started teaching at the school where I am now, I was
              hired a day or two after pre-planning started. I had a dirty, messy,
              unorganized room and no materials. I had to start teaching 2 classes
              that I had never taught before (as well as 2 that I was somewhat
              familiar with) in 6 days. Yikes! I did not want that to happen to
              other art teachers. I also started this because I found that students
              were very motivated by using technology with art and I really saw a
              need to light a fire for learning under some of them. Let me know if
              you see things that need work on the sites. I know they are very
              incomplete.
              Kerry
            • Kerry Marquis <kmartist@excite.com>
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
                Alta,
                How about emailing or posting the lesson plan for that Zoetrope
                design using Flash. I am new to Flash myself and am having a hard
                time keeping up with my Flash students!
                Kerry