More Paper Doll Fun - Figure Proportion lesson

    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2004
      Dear Art Educators,

      I have some sample dolls online now so you can see what the prizes will be
      for the "Challenges" on Incredible Art Department. (Neither of these two
      dolls will be given away - but similar ones will be made - those will be
      shared soon).
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/dolls2.htm
      Use your imagination - both dolls have shorter arms now - after a little
      "surgery" (but you get the idea).
      The Red Hat doll is a tribute to my mother - who liked the poem "Warning" by
      Jenny Joseph.

      Continue to send in ideas (with images) for the three challenges on
      Incredible Art Department:
      WOW -Watercolors lesson ideas.
      Art of the Thread - using recycled materials.
      FUN - end of the year projects.

      And speaking of FUN - these little dollies are a hoot! Lots of fun to make!
      I think they would make a good end of the year project for middle school.
      They could make Super Heroes - Rock Stars - what ever. You could even get in
      some fashion design.

      I won't be making the actual "Challenge" prizes until the winners are
      announced. "FUN" End of Year and "WOW Water colors" will be announced in
      August so keep the ideas rolling in. I am planning on running Art on a
      Thread all next year.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Resources