Re: [art_education] Teaching Art using technology

  • sue galos
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 23 12:24 PM

      Hi Kerry, I'm an "old" ( soon to retire) art teacher and I am completely overwhelmed with the quality and info on your site. Where ever did you find the time to put this stuff together? I'm going to forward your sites to all my student teachers and to those that are currently in schools. I'm impressed all to pieces!!

      Sue Galos, teacher, Sarnia Ontario, Canada

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Ken Rohrer
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 23 2:19 PM
        Kerry,
        I liked all your sites. I'm curious... why are they
        all on different servers?
        Ken
        --------------------
        --- "Kerry Marquis <kmartist@...>"
        <kmartist@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I'm new to the group. I'm an art teacher in Georgia
        > and I've got a
        > strong interest in teaching art using technology.
        > With that in mind,
        > I've created some teaching sites (always in
        > progress) that I use to
        > teach. I hope you can use them also. I love feedback
        > on what I should
        > add and what could work better. Enjoy!
        > Introduction to Art --
        > http://webtech.kennesaw.edu/kmarquis
        > Ceramics and Pottery -- http://pottery.netfirms.com
        > Computer Art --
        > http://www2.fultonschools.org/teacher/marquis
        > Photo Design I --
        > http://www.angelfire.com/art/andthings
        > Creating a Class Site --
        > http://www.angelfire.com/space/teach
        >
        > Best,
        > Kerry Marquis

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
      • kerry marquis
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 24 5:45 AM
          Actually, at one point I was trying out different free servers. Then, I took a class at a college that let us use their server for a site that we created in that class. Then, I simply paid for space on a server, but I am not totally satisfied with their service, so . . . I will probably eventually point them to a single server.
          Kerry

          Take a free personality test on my site!!
          http://www.oursites.org/kerrymarquis/

          wrote:
          > Hi,
          > I'm new to the group. I'm an art teacher in Georgia
          > and I've got a
          > strong interest in teaching art using technology.
          > With that in mind,
          > I've created some teaching sites (always in
          > progress) that I use to
          > teach. I hope you can use them also. I love feedback
          > on what I should
          > add and what could work better. Enjoy!
          > Introduction to Art --
          > http://webtech.kennesaw.edu/kmarquis
          > Ceramics and Pottery -- http://pottery.netfirms.com
          > Computer Art --
          > http://www2.fultonschools.org/teacher/marquis
          > Photo Design I --
          > http://www.angelfire.com/art/andthings
          > Creating a Class Site --
          > http://www.angelfire.com/space/teach
          >
          > Best,
          > Kerry Marquis

          Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com
        • Becca
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 28 3:03 AM
            Kerry;

            Loved it! Where did you get your crossword program? Is it freeware? Did you
            create it?

            I'm just starting in the field. By the way, I got my results back from the
            All Level Art ExCET exam (in Texas) and I passed! *happy dance*

            Becca

          • kerry marquis

            • Kerry Marquis <kmartist@excite.com>
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 28 6:53 AM
                Thanks so much, Sue. The reason I started putting my work online was
                because when I started teaching at the school where I am now, I was
                hired a day or two after pre-planning started. I had a dirty, messy,
                unorganized room and no materials. I had to start teaching 2 classes
                that I had never taught before (as well as 2 that I was somewhat
                familiar with) in 6 days. Yikes! I did not want that to happen to
                other art teachers. I also started this because I found that students
                were very motivated by using technology with art and I really saw a
                need to light a fire for learning under some of them. Let me know if
                you see things that need work on the sites. I know they are very
                incomplete.
                Kerry
              • Kerry Marquis <kmartist@excite.com>
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 28 7:21 AM
                  Alta,
                  How about emailing or posting the lesson plan for that Zoetrope
                  design using Flash. I am new to Flash myself and am having a hard
                  time keeping up with my Flash students!
                  Kerry