Re: [art_education] Teaching Art using technology

  • Alta Olden
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 23, 2003
      Kerry,
      Wow! Very inspiring! I also use Art Talk and like your approach to the
      Elements and Principles together. Keep us posted when you add to your sites.
      I have also begun sharing your sites with my fellow teacher friends, art as
      well as computer. I've just started to teach with technology. My high
      schoolers have created a ten frame zoetrope design that we're attempting to
      animate using Flash. Your resources are going to be a big help. I feel like
      the blind leading the blind! I may be emailing you for some technical
      advice.

      Thanks!
      Alta Olden
      Brazos Christian School
      Bryan, Texas
    • sue galos
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 23, 2003

        Hi Kerry, I'm an "old" ( soon to retire) art teacher and I am completely overwhelmed with the quality and info on your site. Where ever did you find the time to put this stuff together? I'm going to forward your sites to all my student teachers and to those that are currently in schools. I'm impressed all to pieces!!

        Sue Galos, teacher, Sarnia Ontario, Canada

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • Ken Rohrer
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 23, 2003
          Kerry,
          I liked all your sites. I'm curious... why are they
          all on different servers?
          Ken
          --------------------
          --- "Kerry Marquis <kmartist@...>"
          <kmartist@...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          > I'm new to the group. I'm an art teacher in Georgia
          > and I've got a
          > strong interest in teaching art using technology.
          > With that in mind,
          > I've created some teaching sites (always in
          > progress) that I use to
          > teach. I hope you can use them also. I love feedback
          > on what I should
          > add and what could work better. Enjoy!
          > Introduction to Art --
          > http://webtech.kennesaw.edu/kmarquis
          > Ceramics and Pottery -- http://pottery.netfirms.com
          > Computer Art --
          > http://www2.fultonschools.org/teacher/marquis
          > Photo Design I --
          > http://www.angelfire.com/art/andthings
          > Creating a Class Site --
          > http://www.angelfire.com/space/teach
          >
          > Best,
          > Kerry Marquis

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/
        • kerry marquis
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 24, 2003
            Actually, at one point I was trying out different free servers. Then, I took a class at a college that let us use their server for a site that we created in that class. Then, I simply paid for space on a server, but I am not totally satisfied with their service, so . . . I will probably eventually point them to a single server.
            Kerry

            Take a free personality test on my site!!
            http://www.oursites.org/kerrymarquis/

            wrote:
            > Hi,
            > I'm new to the group. I'm an art teacher in Georgia
            > and I've got a
            > strong interest in teaching art using technology.
            > With that in mind,
            > I've created some teaching sites (always in
            > progress) that I use to
            > teach. I hope you can use them also. I love feedback
            > on what I should
            > add and what could work better. Enjoy!
            > Introduction to Art --
            > http://webtech.kennesaw.edu/kmarquis
            > Ceramics and Pottery -- http://pottery.netfirms.com
            > Computer Art --
            > http://www2.fultonschools.org/teacher/marquis
            > Photo Design I --
            > http://www.angelfire.com/art/andthings
            > Creating a Class Site --
            > http://www.angelfire.com/space/teach
            >
            > Best,
            > Kerry Marquis

            Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com
          • Becca
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
              Kerry;

              Loved it! Where did you get your crossword program? Is it freeware? Did you
              create it?

              I'm just starting in the field. By the way, I got my results back from the
              All Level Art ExCET exam (in Texas) and I passed! *happy dance*

              Becca

            • kerry marquis

              • Kerry Marquis <kmartist@excite.com>
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
                  Thanks so much, Sue. The reason I started putting my work online was
                  because when I started teaching at the school where I am now, I was
                  hired a day or two after pre-planning started. I had a dirty, messy,
                  unorganized room and no materials. I had to start teaching 2 classes
                  that I had never taught before (as well as 2 that I was somewhat
                  familiar with) in 6 days. Yikes! I did not want that to happen to
                  other art teachers. I also started this because I found that students
                  were very motivated by using technology with art and I really saw a
                  need to light a fire for learning under some of them. Let me know if
                  you see things that need work on the sites. I know they are very
                  incomplete.
                  Kerry
                • Kerry Marquis <kmartist@excite.com>
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
                    Alta,
                    How about emailing or posting the lesson plan for that Zoetrope
                    design using Flash. I am new to Flash myself and am having a hard
                    time keeping up with my Flash students!
                    Kerry