Re: [art_education] Teaching Art using technology

  • Smileatsusan@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 23, 2003
      Kerry, I think your site info is spendid! I've emailed this on to another art teacher as well. Thanks so much for sharing.
      Yours truly,
                        Susan Lamson

      PhotoImpressions By Susan Lamson
      Photographs With A Painterly Attitude
      Portraits, Landscapes, Storefronts
      Commission Work Available
      Visit My Websites!

      http://www.ebsqart.com/Members.asp?CMD=EBSQMEMBERPAGE&MEMBERID=10

      www.smileatsusan.com

      http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/smileatsusan@.../
    • Alta Olden
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 23, 2003
        Kerry,
        Wow! Very inspiring! I also use Art Talk and like your approach to the
        Elements and Principles together. Keep us posted when you add to your sites.
        I have also begun sharing your sites with my fellow teacher friends, art as
        well as computer. I've just started to teach with technology. My high
        schoolers have created a ten frame zoetrope design that we're attempting to
        animate using Flash. Your resources are going to be a big help. I feel like
        the blind leading the blind! I may be emailing you for some technical
        advice.

        Thanks!
        Alta Olden
        Brazos Christian School
        Bryan, Texas
      • sue galos
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 23, 2003

          Hi Kerry, I'm an "old" ( soon to retire) art teacher and I am completely overwhelmed with the quality and info on your site. Where ever did you find the time to put this stuff together? I'm going to forward your sites to all my student teachers and to those that are currently in schools. I'm impressed all to pieces!!

          Sue Galos, teacher, Sarnia Ontario, Canada

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • Ken Rohrer
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 23, 2003
            Kerry,
            I liked all your sites. I'm curious... why are they
            all on different servers?
            Ken
            --------------------
            --- "Kerry Marquis <kmartist@...>"
            <kmartist@...> wrote:
            > Hi,
            > I'm new to the group. I'm an art teacher in Georgia
            > and I've got a
            > strong interest in teaching art using technology.
            > With that in mind,
            > I've created some teaching sites (always in
            > progress) that I use to
            > teach. I hope you can use them also. I love feedback
            > on what I should
            > add and what could work better. Enjoy!
            > Introduction to Art --
            > http://webtech.kennesaw.edu/kmarquis
            > Ceramics and Pottery -- http://pottery.netfirms.com
            > Computer Art --
            > http://www2.fultonschools.org/teacher/marquis
            > Photo Design I --
            > http://www.angelfire.com/art/andthings
            > Creating a Class Site --
            > http://www.angelfire.com/space/teach
            >
            > Best,
            > Kerry Marquis

            http://taxes.yahoo.com/
          • kerry marquis
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 24, 2003
              Actually, at one point I was trying out different free servers. Then, I took a class at a college that let us use their server for a site that we created in that class. Then, I simply paid for space on a server, but I am not totally satisfied with their service, so . . . I will probably eventually point them to a single server.
              Kerry

              Take a free personality test on my site!!
              http://www.oursites.org/kerrymarquis/

              wrote:
              > Hi,
              > I'm new to the group. I'm an art teacher in Georgia
              > and I've got a
              > strong interest in teaching art using technology.
              > With that in mind,
              > I've created some teaching sites (always in
              > progress) that I use to
              > teach. I hope you can use them also. I love feedback
              > on what I should
              > add and what could work better. Enjoy!
              > Introduction to Art --
              > http://webtech.kennesaw.edu/kmarquis
              > Ceramics and Pottery -- http://pottery.netfirms.com
              > Computer Art --
              > http://www2.fultonschools.org/teacher/marquis
              > Photo Design I --
              > http://www.angelfire.com/art/andthings
              > Creating a Class Site --
              > http://www.angelfire.com/space/teach
              >
              > Best,
              > Kerry Marquis

              Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com
            • Becca
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
                Kerry;

                Loved it! Where did you get your crossword program? Is it freeware? Did you
                create it?

                I'm just starting in the field. By the way, I got my results back from the
                All Level Art ExCET exam (in Texas) and I passed! *happy dance*

                Becca

              • kerry marquis

                • Kerry Marquis <kmartist@excite.com>
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
                    Thanks so much, Sue. The reason I started putting my work online was
                    because when I started teaching at the school where I am now, I was
                    hired a day or two after pre-planning started. I had a dirty, messy,
                    unorganized room and no materials. I had to start teaching 2 classes
                    that I had never taught before (as well as 2 that I was somewhat
                    familiar with) in 6 days. Yikes! I did not want that to happen to
                    other art teachers. I also started this because I found that students
                    were very motivated by using technology with art and I really saw a
                    need to light a fire for learning under some of them. Let me know if
                    you see things that need work on the sites. I know they are very
                    incomplete.
                    Kerry
                  • Kerry Marquis <kmartist@excite.com>
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
                      Alta,
                      How about emailing or posting the lesson plan for that Zoetrope
                      design using Flash. I am new to Flash myself and am having a hard
                      time keeping up with my Flash students!
                      Kerry