Teaching Art using technology

  • Kerry Marquis <kmartist@excite.com>
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 23, 2003
      Hi,
      I'm new to the group. I'm an art teacher in Georgia and I've got a
      strong interest in teaching art using technology. With that in mind,
      I've created some teaching sites (always in progress) that I use to
      teach. I hope you can use them also. I love feedback on what I should
      add and what could work better. Enjoy!
      Introduction to Art -- http://webtech.kennesaw.edu/kmarquis
      Ceramics and Pottery -- http://pottery.netfirms.com
      Computer Art -- http://www2.fultonschools.org/teacher/marquis
      Photo Design I -- http://www.angelfire.com/art/andthings
      Creating a Class Site -- http://www.angelfire.com/space/teach

      Best,
      Kerry Marquis
    • Smileatsusan@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 23, 2003
        Kerry, I think your site info is spendid! I've emailed this on to another art teacher as well. Thanks so much for sharing.
        Yours truly,
                          Susan Lamson

        PhotoImpressions By Susan Lamson
        Photographs With A Painterly Attitude
        Portraits, Landscapes, Storefronts
        Commission Work Available
        Visit My Websites!

        http://www.ebsqart.com/Members.asp?CMD=EBSQMEMBERPAGE&MEMBERID=10

        www.smileatsusan.com

        http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/smileatsusan@.../
      • Alta Olden
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 23, 2003
          Kerry,
          Wow! Very inspiring! I also use Art Talk and like your approach to the
          Elements and Principles together. Keep us posted when you add to your sites.
          I have also begun sharing your sites with my fellow teacher friends, art as
          well as computer. I've just started to teach with technology. My high
          schoolers have created a ten frame zoetrope design that we're attempting to
          animate using Flash. Your resources are going to be a big help. I feel like
          the blind leading the blind! I may be emailing you for some technical
          advice.

          Thanks!
          Alta Olden
          Brazos Christian School
          Bryan, Texas
        • sue galos
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 23, 2003

            Hi Kerry, I'm an "old" ( soon to retire) art teacher and I am completely overwhelmed with the quality and info on your site. Where ever did you find the time to put this stuff together? I'm going to forward your sites to all my student teachers and to those that are currently in schools. I'm impressed all to pieces!!

            Sue Galos, teacher, Sarnia Ontario, Canada

            Do you Yahoo!?
          • Ken Rohrer
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 23, 2003
              Kerry,
              I liked all your sites. I'm curious... why are they
              all on different servers?
              Ken
              --------------------
              --- "Kerry Marquis <kmartist@...>"
              <kmartist@...> wrote:
              > Hi,
              > I'm new to the group. I'm an art teacher in Georgia
              > and I've got a
              > strong interest in teaching art using technology.
              > With that in mind,
              > I've created some teaching sites (always in
              > progress) that I use to
              > teach. I hope you can use them also. I love feedback
              > on what I should
              > add and what could work better. Enjoy!
              > Introduction to Art --
              > http://webtech.kennesaw.edu/kmarquis
              > Ceramics and Pottery -- http://pottery.netfirms.com
              > Computer Art --
              > http://www2.fultonschools.org/teacher/marquis
              > Photo Design I --
              > http://www.angelfire.com/art/andthings
              > Creating a Class Site --
              > http://www.angelfire.com/space/teach
              >
              > Best,
              > Kerry Marquis

              http://taxes.yahoo.com/
            • kerry marquis
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 24, 2003
                Actually, at one point I was trying out different free servers. Then, I took a class at a college that let us use their server for a site that we created in that class. Then, I simply paid for space on a server, but I am not totally satisfied with their service, so . . . I will probably eventually point them to a single server.
                Kerry

                Take a free personality test on my site!!
                http://www.oursites.org/kerrymarquis/

                wrote:
                > Hi,
                > I'm new to the group. I'm an art teacher in Georgia
                > and I've got a
                > strong interest in teaching art using technology.
                > With that in mind,
                > I've created some teaching sites (always in
                > progress) that I use to
                > teach. I hope you can use them also. I love feedback
                > on what I should
                > add and what could work better. Enjoy!
                > Introduction to Art --
                > http://webtech.kennesaw.edu/kmarquis
                > Ceramics and Pottery -- http://pottery.netfirms.com
                > Computer Art --
                > http://www2.fultonschools.org/teacher/marquis
                > Photo Design I --
                > http://www.angelfire.com/art/andthings
                > Creating a Class Site --
                > http://www.angelfire.com/space/teach
                >
                > Best,
                > Kerry Marquis

                Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com
              • Becca
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
                  Kerry;

                  Loved it! Where did you get your crossword program? Is it freeware? Did you
                  create it?

                  I'm just starting in the field. By the way, I got my results back from the
                  All Level Art ExCET exam (in Texas) and I passed! *happy dance*

                  Becca

                • kerry marquis

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
                      Thanks so much, Sue. The reason I started putting my work online was
                      because when I started teaching at the school where I am now, I was
                      hired a day or two after pre-planning started. I had a dirty, messy,
                      unorganized room and no materials. I had to start teaching 2 classes
                      that I had never taught before (as well as 2 that I was somewhat
                      familiar with) in 6 days. Yikes! I did not want that to happen to
                      other art teachers. I also started this because I found that students
                      were very motivated by using technology with art and I really saw a
                      need to light a fire for learning under some of them. Let me know if
                      you see things that need work on the sites. I know they are very
                      incomplete.
                      Kerry
                    • Kerry Marquis <kmartist@excite.com>
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
                        Alta,
                        How about emailing or posting the lesson plan for that Zoetrope
                        design using Flash. I am new to Flash myself and am having a hard
                        time keeping up with my Flash students!
                        Kerry