Artist to inspire -Iconography & Surrealism

    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2004
      Dear Art Educators,

      Here is an artist site that I really liked:
      Robin Urton -Eyecon Art Gallery
      http://www.eyeconart.net/
      Paintings have a surreal and iconographic nature which evoke her personal
      spirituality. Beautiful framing that is part of the work. From Taos, New
      Mexico. See her section on Art History - nice summaries and choice of
      images. Topics as Aesthetics, Purposes of Art and more.

      Many of her works have frames that are a part of the work. While her
      choices of materials for framing may not be available to you - cardboard and
      foam core may be - to try some sculptural framing for your student work. I
      found her work interesting.

      I have her linked from my American Artists page and from Artists on IAD. I
      read her copyright statement - she is all for using images to teach....so I
      know you have her permission to show her works.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Resources