Pencil dilemma solved (smile)

    Message 1 of 1 , May 5 7:08 AM
      Dear Arts Educators,

      My problem was what to do with all of my surplus of pencils (smile). Once I
      had them tell me something they were thankful for in order to use one of my
      pencils, I never had to worry. I got them all back and in one piece. One can
      of 24 pencils would last me a very long time - maybe even all year. I would
      put the shorties into a freebie can. The can of 24 were nice length with
      erasers. Of course I had regular erasers, too -- and usually got by with
      just 24 of those for a very long time too. I wonder what happened with all
      of the surplus I had in my room?

      Here is a sure way to get all of YOUR pencils back in one piece:
      See Jeannie Sandoval's FUN idea! This works for middlers who forget.
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/pencils.htm
      My guess is they stay out of the mouth, too.

      Anyways...on the germs thing. It is the classroom teacher's responsibilty to
      drop them all off at the rest room after art and before lunch to wash their
      hands...Let him or her worry about germs (smile). I did have soapy water
      buckets and paper towels for each table when I taught elementary - that
      worked for me (now they have antibacterial dishwashing soap, too that is
      cheap). I don't recall anyone getting sick from a pencil (smile).

      Hope this helps with the pencils woes... I sure had fun sharing it again.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Resources