The Incredible Art Department has merged

  • Ken Rohrer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25, 2003
      List members
      I am happy to announce that someone has agreed to take
      over the maintenance of the Incredible Art Department
      site. Two art sites will merge and a new design is in
      the works. I will announce when it is online.

      By the way, Artswire is no longer automatically
      transferring visitor to the princetonol location. You
      may want to change your bookmarks and/or links to the
      address below.
      Ken Rohrer
      List "nanny"
      The Incredible Art Department

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Carolyn Mills
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2003

        ORIGINAL QUESTION:

        I am doing a research project on color theory and its nesscessity in elementary art education.

        Hi Ann,
                         I  teach Kindergarten and Grade One art in an urban public school district near Boston, MA.  I  teach students the warm and cool colors when we do a lesson based on Vincent van Gogh's painting of "Starry Night". Students learn color mixing to make shades and tints when we do a unit on Claude Monet's paintings of Waterliles. We also introduce the primary colors by reading the children's book "Mouse Paint" and experimenting  with mixing the colors of red, yellow and blue. Color theory is an important piece of our early childhood art program and we are always trying to think of new ways to include it in our projects.   Good luck with your research!  Carolyn Mills  Art Educator, Early Learning Center,  Chelsea, MA

        If you would like to view my students art work you can visit our school's on-line art gallery at    http://www.chelsea.mec.edu/ELC/home.html

        From what we get, we can make a living;
        what we give, however, makes a life. - Arthur Ashe

        Do you Yahoo!?