Teacher Appreciation Week Poem

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2004
      Greetings Art Educators,

      This little third grader's poem is going to make it around the world today:

      From Lin Altman:

      A third grader wrote this poem for me for Teacher Appreciation Week.

      "My artwork is never bad,
      There's no right or wrong way,
      My effort makes me feel glad,
      I would draw anything,
      an ocean or a bay.
      Bright colors, lines are bold;
      artwork is like gold."

      I put it on our website. Things like this make my day.

      Lin
      ---------------------------------
      I think this third grader has the answer on how to fix what is wrong with
      art education in some schools (smile). Certainly not in Lin's though. For
      those looking for "professional growth" - the first place to start is with
      your students. They know how you can improve your teaching if you just ask
      them. Even as young as third grade. You can be a "researcher" every day
      instead of just those couple months during your graduate project.

      Check out the new work on Lin's site:
      http://cce.eanes.k12.tx.us/laltman/default.HTM

      Regards,

      Judy Decker - Ohio