RE: [art_education] Some Thinking...What are YOUR questions about Art Ed?

  • Charlot Cassar
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2004
      Hi everyone

      I usually lurk in the background as I am kind of busy (anyone knows what
      that means?)amongst other reason, because I am reading my masters (should be
      over soon, grin!). Talking of short cuts - for which the students can
      definitely not be blamed, even though sometimes they do work with some of
      them - Andrew Pollard has recently (2002) published a book called Readings
      for Reflective Teaching (available through Amazon). It is a collection of
      about a 120 key texts from modern and not so modern educational research
      intended specifically for the busy teacher. Only the main and most important
      parts of the research papers are included and this makes the reading a
      pleasure. Becuase of the way they are presented you get to concentrate on
      the gist of the paper, without getting lost in all the nitty-gritty of the
      research itself. It does not deal with Art education directly, but with
      broader issues in education, most of which can be very easily applied art
      education.

      Judy - I think I even came across a paper that deals with teacher motivation
      and willingness to learn and its effect on pupils... will check it out and
      let you know.

      Something else....

      For all those of you who are passionate about Caravaggio - at the moment
      Malta is hosting Caravaggio - La Mostra Impossibile (The Impossible
      Exhibition). They have digitally reproduced all of Caravaggio's known works
      on transparent boards and back lit them. The overall effect is stunning to
      say the least. Check it out on www.caravaggio.com

      Cheers everyone.

      Charlot
      Malta