Reminder order "Songs in the Key of Art" - 3 CDs

    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 1:44 PM
      Greetings all Elementary and Middle School teachers,

      I know many will be working on orders for next year soon - if you haven't
      already...

      You must get your own "Songs in the Key of Art":
      http://www.geocities.com/gpercy1/artsongs/
      Listen to oone of Lisa's favorites:
      http://cdbaby.com/cd/percy

      I will link up all of Greg's songs to IAD lesson plans someday. I like
      Rousseau- "Where is the Tiger/" too --and "Bad Day in the Art Room" - well
      they are all good!

      Here is just one "testimonial" for Greg Percy's CDs - from Lisa:

      "I just wanted to let you know what a hit the Greg's songs are in my
      classroom! Thank you so much for letting us all know about them!! I had
      "Down to the Art room" blasting from the stereo outside of my room for the
      art show. This year's theme was nature, and was "This Pretty Planet"
      inspired by the Tom Chapin (Harry's brother) song.
      I will have to email you some photos, the kindergarten loves to be get
      on line at the end of class doing a type of dance like "the stroll" I guess
      it is, to Down to the Artroom. It's hysterically funny, but of course, they
      take it all very seriously! It's so cute, the SCA (like the PTA) president
      was in the other day taking photos of them."

      Lisa

      I was going to forward this just to Greg - but I am hoping he is still
      lurking on Art Education list...How about a Warhol song for Lisa, Greg? She
      did some units for all grade levels. I am not a Warhol fan - but I like what
      she did. Get "comprehensive" with "Songs in the Key of Art" - art - music
      and DANCE.

      Maybe I will start a brainstorm of artists we would like to have? Monet
      comes to mind, too.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Resources
    • gpercy1
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2 4:39 PM
        Hi All,

        Yes Judy, I'm still "lurking about" on this list-I am working on "Songs in the Key of Art"
        Volume 4 as we speak-I am looking for ideas/requests for subject matter...An interesting
        twist has been added this year...It looks as if I may be teaching Middle School Art this fall
        after 15+ years in elementary school (It usually only takes about 6 years for most people
        to get through elementary---I guess I'm a slow learner) The move is due to the budget
        axe swinging of course...

        Oops, got off track there--Anyway, I may have to come up with some material aimed at
        the middle school crowd...not sure if a 44 year old with an acoustic guitar doing hip-hop
        will fly though. The first couple of tracks include a song about Cezanne, and a song about
        going to a museum...Any suggestions are welcome...

        Less than 30 school days left-but who's counting???

        Thanks,

        Greg Percy
        songsinthekeyofart.com