Permission to Publish on Incredible Art Department

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2004
      Dear Art Educators,

      All participants who send in work for Art Room Galleries will have to have
      permission forms signed. You will keep those at school. In all honesty, all
      that could happen would be the parent would have to ask their child's work
      be removed. There is no chance of a law suit as no "damages" can be proven -
      but it is good to cover the bases.

      Anyways... After reading up on the legal mumbo-jumbo. I have written three
      different letters for you to tweak:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/publish.htm

      You can add your own graphics - letterhead etc. Be sure to have a date.

      The easiest way to do all of this is to have permission to publish written
      right into your permission to use Internet forms. I know it is hard to get
      the powers that be to do it that way - but all you need is one form - going
      out one time.

      No need to back track and get permission for images already online (on
      lessons - I have that covered - although technically should have letters
      there, too).... I just want to be sure to have them for the Art Room
      Galleries. Those do not fall under Fair Use guidelines. I will only put
      names on Art Room Galleries - not on lesson plans. See Sample:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/artroom/Sky/Sky.htm
      Copyright notice is at the bottom of each page. I actually did have
      someone email me once to use my of my student's works. I did say "no".

      Thanks,

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Incredible Art Resources