new creative art book and self help accelerated learning book

  • jasonalster <jasona@barak-online.net>
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 24, 2003
      Hello,
      I am a biofeedback therapist and researcher of natural techniques for
      managing ADHD, Dyslexia, and test anxiety.
      I would like to bring to your attention a graphic fun self-help book
      I have published
      of natural techniques for youngsters that can help them
      improve learning, increase concentration, focus, sensory integration,
      and relaxation in the classroom.
      BEING IN CONTROL -ISBN-9659025114- by Jason Alster MSc is with
      Amazon.com and a
      synopsis is at www.geocities.com/jasonalster and
      http://www.homeschoolzone.com/add/biofeedback.htm
      The book has received excellent reviews.
      I have also published the book CREATIVE PAINTING FOR THE YOUNG
      ARTIST. The book ISBN 9659025122. This supportive self help book is
      for the youngster choosing art as a subject as well as
      the youngster who thinks he can't paint at all. The book deals with
      painter's block, artist statements, creativity in painting,
      choosing subjects, artist mode of seeing, and relaxation techniques.
      Sincerely,
      Jason Alster MSc
      Center for Integrated Biofeedback & Learning Strategies
      Rainbow Cloud Publications
      Zichron Yacov, Israel
      www.geocities.com/jasonalster
    • Ken Rohrer
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 25, 2003
        List members,
        Lately there have been several postings that some
        would consider spam. I have not banned these people
        from the list because they are promoting art related
        materials.

        I would like to get a feel for this from the list
        members. Do the postings that promote art related
        materials belong here?

        Ken Rohrer
        List "nanny"

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • The Austin's
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 25, 2003
          Some of the "spam" bothers me a great deal, others not at all. The ones that
          simply want to get me to go to their site without any thought to art
          education bugs me. If there is any educational value to the site then the
          person promoting the site needs to let me know. If they only want me to go
          and "oooh" and "aaah" over their art, well.... I have almost 400 students
          who want that from me every day. The posters advertising art materials are
          more suitable to this list, even tho I guess those are the true spammers -
          at least their postings may have some relevance to the classroom. Just my
          2cents. :-)
          ~Michal
          K-12 Art Teacher
          http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

          > List members,
          > Lately there have been several postings that some
          > would consider spam. I have not banned these people
          > from the list because they are promoting art related
          > materials.
          >
          > I would like to get a feel for this from the list
          > members. Do the postings that promote art related
          > materials belong here?
          >
          > Ken Rohrer
          > List "nanny"
          > http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
        • Christa-Maria
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 25, 2003
            As far as lists go, the spam has been really low, low enough that one
            can use the delete button..it does not bother me.Obvious ridiculous spam
            should be curtailed.
            Such as what paint will make you whatever big size..:)
            C-M
          • Michael Gerrish
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 26, 2003

              Wonderful Spam, marvelous Spam...........

              Anyone who is spreading SPAM should be required to quote the Monty Python routine of the same name. Then we'd at least get a chuckle before we hit the delete button.....
              WhyART.com

              Michael Gerrish pensive.jpg (44592 bytes)

              WHYART.com  "Transforming Education Through Art"
              http://whyart.com                                    mrg@...

            • Mary Kate
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 26, 2003
                I don't consider art-related info, books, or websites spam unless they are constantly hounding the list.  I find most of it interesting & informative.  How else are we going to expand our horizons & how else are these people going to let us know about their interests & projects.  I hate to say it but we are a targeted market!  As long as they're not obnoxious about it let them stay.  (They might learn a thing or two)

                -Mary Kate!

                At Saturday 04:04 PM 1/25/2003 -0800, you wrote:
                List members,
                Lately there have been several postings that some
                would consider spam. I have not banned these people
                from the list because they are promoting art related
                materials.

                I would like to get a feel for this from the list
                members. Do the postings that promote art related
                materials belong here?

                Ken Rohrer
                List "nanny"

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com