Re: [art_education] What is your opinion?

  • JuneSatterfield@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 8, 2001
      By subsidizing private schools through a voucher program or any other gov't.
      funding devise, we negate what makes private schools unique.  Private schools
      are permitted to control their student body through admissions and expulsion
      procedures because they are non-gov't. funded. Private schools don't always
      teach culturally or economically disadvantaged children; they don't always
      teach learning disabled children; they don't always teach emotionally
      disturbed children. They don't teach everybody because they are not public
      schools.
      A voucher system would essentially eliminate the differences between public
      and private schools, and American parents would lose the option of "scraping
      together" the tuition fees for an alternative to public education.