Text book

  • bill merrill
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2002
      Heather,

      A book I have for many, many years is very useful to any anyone wanting a book that is very good for a person teaching at a K- through ....

      The book "Art and the Creative Teacher" has been around a long time.  I saw the book 30 years ago and purchased it even though I have taught at the college level since 1966.  The authors are Kelly Fearling, Evelyn Beard, Nik Krevitsky and Clyde Martin.  The company who published it in '71 is W.S. Benson and Company, Austin, Texas.

      There are formulas for making finger paint, parafin block, modeling materials, bakers clay etc. , lists of books, educational materials, special teaching aids and so on.  \

      I like the introduction of artists ( Kandinsky, Picasso, Degas etc.) work interlaced with the work of childern and the generl attitude of the book.  Any level of instructor would appreciate it.

      I know it was published 31 years ago and may be hard to find, but it would be worth your effort to locate a copy of it.  I just called the Benson company and they said the book is out of publication and may be difficult to find.  Keep looking it would be worth the effort if you found it.

      The person I spoke with said Davis Publications is a good resource for K-12  Art.