Re: [art_education] Digest Number 4235

  • Trish
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2014
      We use muffin trays to keep glazes from spilling with smaller jars. I like the 8 oz printing ink ink jars to glaze out of.

      Trisha

      On Sep 1, 2014, at 4:05 AM, art_education@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      Art Education

      2 Messages

      Digest #4235

      Messages

      Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:59 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

      cgull101

      Hi all,
      Happy new teaching year to those who have started and if you are like me, you are awaiting the new year next week.
      I teach Middle School 3-D art and start the year with clay projects. I have a dilemma re: glazing. In the past I used Duncan glazes in pint screw top containers. The kids painted right out of the container.
      This year I bought Stroke and Coat and will be replacing the Duncan colors year by year. Only problem is that they are in tall flip cap squeeze bottles. Not conducive to painting from the bottle any more.
      In the past I used to pour a little glaze in small portion cups, but that wasted SO MUCH glaze-kids would spill it, take to much, not remember what color they had and not put it back in the proper bottle, etc, etc, etc.

      So anybody have any genius ideas that I cannot come up with on how to minimize waste and have the kids get their own glazes? I only let them use one color at a time, wash their brush and put away the glaze before they can get the next color. The system worked pretty well.

      Thanks for suggestions in advance!

      Cathy

      Mon Sep 1, 2014 12:45 am (PDT) . Posted by:

      List members,

      This is a monthly reminder about your options with the Art Education list group. Did you know you can configure your membership so that you get all posts in one daily message? First go to the list group's home page at:

      After you log in, click on "Edit My Membership" on the right side of
      the blue bar with the list name. You may select a daily digest with
      all postings for the day in one e-mail, to receive only special
      notices and to read posts on the list home page only.

      You may also post files and pictures by clicking on the link that says "Files" on left side. You then click on a folder to view the pictures and files. You may also add files of your own.

      Post message: art_education@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: art_education-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      In addition, the following information is found at the bottom of each e-mail posted from the list:

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      General Posting Rules

      1. Digest users- please clip the digest from your post and change the
      subject line to the one you are replying to. Make sure to put "Re:" in front of the subject line to let everyone know it is a reply. Only include the post you are replying to.

      2. If the message you are replying to is lengthy, it is easier for the list members for you to shorten the replied message to the essentials.

      3. Please remember to sign posts with at least your first name. Last
      names are optional.

      4. If your message is intended for only one person, send the
      message off list to that person only.

      Thank you for being a member!

      Ken Rohrer
      List "Nanny"