Ordering liquid watercolors questions

  • jerilynnel
    Message 1 of 5 , May 28, 2014

      I've never ordered the liquid watercolors before.  I'm looking at the ones from Dick Blick that are 8 oz. bottles.  It says that you can dilute them up to four parts of water for a wash effect.  I'm trying to figure out how many of each color I need to order. One bottle of each color per class?  Or can several classes use 1 bottle of each color?  Has anyone used these before?

      Thanks!

      Jeri

    • The Ericksons
      Message 2 of 5 , May 28, 2014

        I use these all the time-in fact it is all I use anymore because I love the vibrancy of the colors so much.   I order about 4 of each color per year for 400 students.   Sometimes I have some left over-it lasts a long time.   You need to have something to mix them up in that has a lid so that you can save them because they evaporate quickly if they don’t have a lid on them.   I use the plastic cups with lids that you can order from Dick Blick and then I write the color on the lid with that color of sharpie marker.   You can blend and mix them too like make a forest green and a yellow green and a browny-green etc.  but it takes a lot of cups.

        Cindy

        I've never ordered the liquid watercolors before.  I'm looking at the ones from Dick Blick that are 8 oz. bottles.  It says that you can dilute them up to four parts of water for a wash effect.  I'm trying to figure out how many of each color I need to order. One bottle of each color per class?  Or can several classes use 1 bottle of each color?  Has anyone used these before?

        Thanks!

        Jeri

      • lori mcdade
        Message 3 of 5 , May 28, 2014
          Hello Jeri!

          I have used the liquid watercolors and really liked them.  I needed to use them full strength and they were beautiful and covered well.  They are saturated enough I think they would hold up to some dilution to accommodate all your classes.

          I cannot recall the exact size I bought but it was from a local craft store, not wholesale.

          Good luck and I would love to hear how this turns out for you.

          Lori.

          I've never ordered the liquid watercolors before.  I'm looking at the ones from Dick Blick that are 8 oz. bottles.  It says that you can dilute them up to four parts of water for a wash effect.  I'm trying to figure out how many of each color I need to order. One bottle of each color per class?  Or can several classes use 1 bottle of each color?  Has anyone used these before?

          Thanks!

          Jeri

        • William Clark
          Message 4 of 5 , May 28, 2014
            I use liquid watercolors in my classroom.  I buy the whole set, it will last for long time and more class.

            William Clark
            H.S. Art Teacher, Sidney, MT

            From: art_education@yahoogroups.com
            To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 13:56:26 -0700

            I've never ordered the liquid watercolors before.  I'm looking at the ones from Dick Blick that are 8 oz. bottles.  It says that you can dilute them up to four parts of water for a wash effect.  I'm trying to figure out how many of each color I need to order. One bottle of each color per class?  Or can several classes use 1 bottle of each color?  Has anyone used these before?

            Thanks!

            Jeri

          • Trisha
            Message 5 of 5 , May 29, 2014
              I use small baby food jars or glass ink bottles to dilute the colors and label them. If they evaporate just add more water. One bottle goes a long way.

              Trisha ackerman
              Artist & art educator