Re: [art_education] Digest Number 4187

  • kamla ravikumar
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28 11:24 AM
      I normally hold a summer camp from 7-12 yr. age group.It is a one week camp.I teach them Mask making with clay.Glass painting.Paperbag making.Fabric painting (the children bring a T-shirt from home).Ceramic art.Folk arts of India.I provide all the materials.

      Kamla
      Chennai,India.

      On Wednesday, May 28, 2014 3:03 PM, "art_education@yahoogroups.com" <art_education@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Art Education

      4 Messages

      Digest #4187
      1a
      Summer Camp Projects by callanwolde1972
      1b
      Re: Summer Camp Projects by "Lynch, Jamie"
      1c
      Re: Summer Camp Projects by "Lauren Perlman"laurenrperlman

      Messages

      Tue May 27, 2014 12:15 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

      callanwolde1972

      I'm a new teacher for Summer Camp at Callanwolde Fine Arts Center in Atlanta Georgia and I am looking for some fun projects for kids aged 6-10 years old. I have a sculpture themed class as well as a fibers themed class. The budget is pretty slim and I will have 40 kids total in rotations of 10. I have about an hour and a half for each rotation group. I'm thinking simple, mostly recycled or free materials, and engaging. I'm looking forward to any tips or tricks you all might have for a new teacher as well. Thanks everyone!

      Tue May 27, 2014 12:38 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

      "Lynch, Jamie"

      Check out "Deep Space Sparkle"....modify to accomodate your budget....Also,

      if you "google" fiber art for kids...there are several sites to
      view...Pinterest, is also an incredible 'steal"....

      Good Luck! Happy Summering!

      jamie

      On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 8:44 AM, callanwolde1972@... [art_education] <
      art_education@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > I'm a new teacher for Summer Camp at Callanwolde Fine Arts Center in
      > Atlanta Georgia and I am looking for some fun projects for kids aged 6-10
      > years old. I have a sculpture themed class as well as a fibers themed
      > class. The budget is pretty slim and I will have 40 kids total in rotations
      > of 10. I have about an hour and a half for each rotation group. I'm
      > thinking simple, mostly recycled or free materials, and engaging. I'm
      > looking forward to any tips or tricks you all might have for a new teacher
      > as well. Thanks everyone!

      Tue May 27, 2014 12:38 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

      "Lauren Perlman" laurenrperlman

      Go on www.instructables.com. You'll find some good projects there. Specifically, look for the beaded garden sculptures. They're made out of wire hangars, fishing wire and beads. Also seashell wind chime/mobiles. Search "kids' art projects" and you'll find some nice ideas:-)

      Good luck!

      www.mummiesandmasterpieces.com
      www.gr8kidsbooks.com

      > On May 27, 2014, at 8:44 AM, "callanwolde1972@... [art_education]" <art_education@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      >
      > I'm a new teacher for Summer Camp at Callanwolde Fine Arts Center in Atlanta Georgia and I am looking for some fun projects for kids aged 6-10 years old. I have a sculpture themed class as well as a fibers themed class. The budget is pretty slim and I will have 40 kids total in rotations of 10. I have about an hour and a half for each rotation group. I'm thinking simple, mostly recycled or free materials, and engaging. I'm looking forward to any tips or tricks you all might have for a new teacher as well. Thanks everyone!

      Tue May 27, 2014 6:08 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

      kenroar

      Hello art education list members! For those of you who live in the northern hemisphere, the next few weeks will bring a close to another school year. I hope your year was a good one and that you have a relaxing summer.

      For those of you who don't want to receive e-mail from this group over the summer, rather than unsubscribe, you can temporarily turn off notifications. When the school year starts again you can turn them back on again.

      Ken Rohrer
      List Nanny