IAD is 20 years old!

  • kenroar
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2014
      The Incredible Art Department is 20 years old this year! This fact makes me feel very old. It doesn't seem that long ago when I hand coded pages for the worldwide web that at the time was only 2 years old.

      Beginning this past Monday, the site is being designed "on the fly" by a series of computers and will change automatically to accommodate viewer preferences. Because of this, many visitors won't be seeing the same design. As a visitor spends more time on the site, the automated computer adjusts the composition of each page. The system tries to understand what visitors to this site like and dislike, and adjusts the layout from there. The system uses site visitor's actual responses to the layouts to determine the 'winning' layouts. So, if a layout is encouraging a longer time on site, more page views per visit, and lower bounce rate. The system considers that to be a top performing layout. - See more at: Incredible Art Department | Art Education

      Best of all, the system is also designing mobile and tablet versions of the site that also change as you interact with the site. The whole system doesn't cost me anything. It is all paid for by a percentage of the advertising revenue. I encourage all of you to visit the site and interact with it to help the computers learn which design is the best. 10% of you will still see the old version of the site. In that case, using a different browser may pull up an experimental version.