Skip to search.

Sad news about list member

  • kenroar
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2014
      I received this disturbing news on one of our list members, Bunki Kramer. Bunki submitted her website to IAD last year and I am guessing the reason she did this is that she knew her time was limited. Carolyn Roberts reported this news today:

      "My heart is saddened to share with you that my good friend, Bunki Kramer, has passed away. Bunki was receiving treatment for breast cancer and recently learned that it had spread to her bones, skull, lower back, and leg."

      "Bunki and I met while we both were teaching middle school art...she in California and me in North Carolina. We shared our lessons and examples...later creating CDs of these lessons and selling them to other art teachers through the Sax Arts and Crafts art educators catalogue."

      Carolyn Roberts

    • Larry Seiler
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7, 2014

        Retired but a year...such a life filled life.  I remember Bunki's gracious energetic postings early into my stepping back into the classroom after some years out.  What a star...she will be missed.

        Larry

      • kenroar
        Message 3 of 4 , May 7, 2014
          She always closed her posts with "toodles." You can see many of her posts on the Getty group archives like this one: http://www.getty.edu/education/teacherartexchange/archive/Sep02/1033.html

          She contacted me shortly before she retired and didn't say a word about her cancer. She did want her art site to live on and gave me permission to archive it. When her old school shuts it down, I'll put it up on IAD.

          Ken Rohrer

        • bruthrobson
          Message 4 of 4 , May 31, 2014
            She was such an inspiration to me when I first started.  I'm glad she'll still inspire others.
            Brenda