Need help quick!

  • Brenda Robson
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2013

      My student kinda messed up on her skeleton by using black watercolor for the shadows.  Any watercolorists out there have a suggestion?

    • bergiemoore
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2013

        I can't see the picture, so I don't know the extent of the "error". One suggestion is letting it dry and using white chalk on top to add highlights, or turn the whole area grayish.  I'm sure you tried tried wetting it again and blotting it up. Depending on the watercolors brand, that can be very effective.
        Brandy
      • David Exner
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2013

          You may try using some plain paper towels, the kind you use in the kitchen.  No quilted patterns, just plain "weave".  Spray the paper towel with lukewarm water, then lay on the shadow area; press lightly at first.  This lifting technique usually works, but make sure the towel is damp not soaking wet, otherwise the other areas of the painting will start to "bleed".  Good Luck

          We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.  Winston Churchill

          David G. Exner
          Art Teacher & Art Club Co-Adviser

          Community High School, District 94
          West Chicago
          (630) 876-6407

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2013
            Thanks for the reply!

            We used clapboard ink and made the shadows brighter!

            On Oct 4, 2013, at 7:52 AM, Brandy bergenstock <bergiemoore@...> wrote:

            Have you tried white chalk on top to give highlights or turn the whole area gray?  I'm sure you tried rewetting it and blotting it up, but have you considered trying to use white acrylic paint on top after the water color dried?
            Good luck,
            Brandy

          • kamla ravikumar
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 5, 2013
              If she is a student and just learning.Why not do it again?That way she will master the craft through the mistakes made....instead of trying to camouflage them.

              Kamla